Toruń Fort XI

It was built between 1877-1884 with concrete and bricks on the pentagon plan. The property was fortified on the left bank resistance defense line of Toruń. During the Second World War, British prisoners of Stalag XX A were held here. Traces of their presence survived to this day - drawings on the inner walls of the fortress (last two pictures).

Big up to Bunkerites of Poland for allowing us to stay over night in the bunker they taking care of (first two pictures), good times.






No comments:

Post a Comment